Dunbar Community Counseling Services is currently seeking qualified individuals for the position of Behavioral Specialist Consultant and/or Mobile Therapist.
The Behavioral Specialist will work with caregivers, school staff, and community entities as a consultant to provide behavioral management protocols. This person will have a Master’s Degree in a human services related field and have experience working with children. BSC’s will attend various trainings and be required to attend weekly supervisions with their Clinical Supervisor.
Roles and Responsibilities for a BSC include (but are not limited to):
- Act as the supervisor for the case, which entails formulating and updating treatment and behavior plans, and overseeing the staff in the home.
- Develop both Proactive and Reactive Behavior Plans. In other words, direct treatment on how to promote positive behavior and limit negative behavior.
- Assist families on developing and maintaining crisis plans.
- Be available on a consultation basis to provide direct support to school and community entities that would support implementing the behavior plan across all environments.
- Observe effectiveness of interventions across all environments.
The Mobile Therapist will work with the child individually and in family groups for the purpose of helping the child process difficulties, solve problems, identify and discuss feelings, etc. This person will have a Master’s Degree work experience. MT’s will attend various trainings and be required to attend supervisions with the program director.
Roles and Responsibilities for a MT include (but are not limited to):
- Function in the traditional role of a therapist and will conduct both family and individual counseling sessions.
- Help the child and family identify, verbalize, and express emotions.
- Help the family communicate more effectively.
- Assist the child or family with processing or dealing with past traumas, incidents, or occurrences, etc.
- Formulate and practice various interventions aimed at increasing positive interactions.
- Qualification for the BSC position requires a Master’s Degree in one of the human services fields and at least one to two years experience working with children
- The BSC is required to conduct weekly supervisions with the TSS and attend mandated trainings
- Must be CPR/First Aid certified (or willing to be obtain such certifications)
- Must have a valid and up-to-date FBI Clearance, Criminal Background Check, Child Abuse Clearance & academic transcript
- Must submit 2 letters of recommendation on an official letterhead
Must provide documentation of the following:
- __Driver License
- __SS Card
- __Liability Insurance-Master Level Only
- __Reference Letters: Need _______
- __Criminal Clearance
- __Child Abuse Clearance
- __FBI Clearance
- __First Aid
- __CBH Require Training: Still needed __________ Hrs.
- __Job Description Acknowledgement
- __Orientation acknowledgement
- __I9 Form
- __FBA (BSC Only)
- __Education/Employment Verification
Dunbar Community Counseling Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please fill out the form below to apply for this position
- Dunbar Expansion
- Therapeutic Staff Support (TSS)